C&K Careers offers advice that improves customers' employment prospects
Customer B, an experienced care worker,was keen to progress:
- Was failing, getting part-time care work only.
- Lacked the qualifications to move her career forward.
- Needed to get relevant qualifications to improve her job prospects.
C&K Careers helped B get the training she needed, the adult careers adviser:
- Reviewed B's work history and training in the UK and overseas.
- Identified a Level 2 care course that enabled B to work part-time and get a qualification.
- Looked at further training and job opportunities opened up by the course.
- Helped B prepare for interviews and produce a CV.
After completing the course, B:
- Developed more confidence in herself.
- Used the Level 2 care qualification to get a place on the NHS Employability Scheme.
- Then succeeded in getting a job as a health care assistant at a local hospital.
B has much better job prospects, she:
- Plans to take advantage of future NHS training opportunities.
- Expects to have much better chances of promotion.
"The adviser was really good for me; she understood my circumstances and was able to help in my present situation. I found the service very friendly and helpful".